2015 Cape Town Showcase
Date: 6 May
Partner: SWIFT African Regional Conference
Location: The Westin, Convention Square, Lower Long Street, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa
Read the Press Release announcing the winners who will head on to the Finale at Sibos, watch all videos (interviews, wrap-up, and individual company pitches) on our YouTube channel, and get a nice social perspective of the event with our Storify. A selection of the best pictures is also available on our photo library.
To have more information around the 2015 Startup Challenge programme and the 60 companies participating this year, click here.
Here below, a quick overview of all companies who presented during the showcase:
Early-stage startups: less than 3 years old, and who have less than $1Million in Combined Revenue and Investment in the previous 12 months
|creditable enables caring employers to easily manage financial wellness for their employees by enabling them to administer payroll deduction services and products such as loans and savings products.|
|Ex Nihilo Labs is a mobile financial technology firm focused on making financial transactions as easy and cheap as possible. We are pioneering a movement that seeks to give everyone equal access to the mainstream economy from the palm of their hands.|
|Our business builds systems that allow our customers to transact with their clients using mobile devices – creating a payment and commerce ecosystem that can be used by all types of businesses. Visit their website|
|LulaLend is an online provider of short-term business loans solving one of the biggest issues facing Small & Medium Enterprises. Applying for a loan is quick – simple – and can all be done online within 24 hours.|
|Notafy was created to reduce the cost of business to consumer (and application to person) mobile messaging by replacing traditional SMS communication with instant messaging technology – think WhatsApp for business. Visit their website|
|YueDiligence is an actionable light-touch due diligence tool for entrepreneurs – investors – and service providers to assess gaps in key business disciplines to advance partnerships and fundraising preparation. Visit their website
Growth-stage startups: more than 3 years old, or more than $1Million in Combined Revenue and Investment in the previous 12 months
|2Quins is a specialist financial services sector solution provider and its niche is to reengineer and transform financial process and systems for productivity and quality that leads to thriving and effective finance and business information teams. Visit their website|
|Bristlecone Holdings is committed to changing the world of financial services for the better. Consumers of credit products deserve greater functionality and more personalized service – particularly those in niche markets who are under-banked or ignored by traditional lending providers. Visit their website|
|ScanMan software is flexible – innovative and customisable software for managing fixed and moveable assets. It allows for easy importing and exporting of data to and from legacy systems. Visit their website|
|ZAQ Finance frees low-income people from the exploitative debt-trap and poor value for money financial products (and others). Visit their website|
- Securing the future of #banking starts – and ends – with people. Watch the exclusive video from Innotribe at #Sibos… https://t.co/ji48MDur3C 09:24:26 AM April 11, 2019 from Twitter Web Client
- What role will financial services play in an #AI-permeated world? Watch the exclusive video from Innotribe at… https://t.co/UIzfjx8Y0o 10:24:47 AM March 07, 2019 from Twitter Web Client
- Should we view #quantumcomputing as a multiplier with the power to accelerate #innovation? Or another source of di… https://t.co/AljW3Ob8j8 06:05:16 PM February 13, 2019 from Hootsuite Inc.
- On Day 1 of #Sibos 2018 we took a deep dive into how decentralisation has become the new form of trust for financia… https://t.co/mtxEZfu6yP 02:14:02 PM January 25, 2019 from Hootsuite Inc.
- #DigitalIndia: What are the implications of digitalisation for the Indian #banking sector? https://t.co/3rB3w4nGSq… https://t.co/O5k2LICVp5 06:05:24 PM January 11, 2019 from Hootsuite Inc.
- Greater collaboration with law enforcement agencies will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of #banks’ financ… https://t.co/lvoqotNxkB 11:40:10 AM January 11, 2019 from Hootsuite Inc.
- Big plans for #InnotribeAlum, @MunichNetwork, who is helping six German Mittelstand companies match with innovative… https://t.co/OWQjLBvzID 05:40:13 PM January 10, 2019 from Hootsuite Inc.
- Transparency: #Sibos speakers examine the methods for achieving greater levels of transparency in the #payments lan… https://t.co/SCVa5mB0EY 05:00:56 PM January 09, 2019 from Hootsuite Inc.
- #AI stakes claim for supporting role within financial crime #compliance https://t.co/NQb55rtn7U https://t.co/OKNeN4e3PW 11:35:05 AM January 09, 2019 from Hootsuite Inc.
- How can #banks transition from a product-centric approach to an experience-centric approach? 🤔… https://t.co/GQgM94ie1l 05:01:04 PM January 08, 2019 from Hootsuite Inc.