2015 Cape Town Showcase
Date: 6 May
Partner: SWIFT African Regional Conference
Location: The Westin, Convention Square, Lower Long Street, Cape Town, 8000, South Africa
Read the Press Release announcing the winners who will head on to the Finale at Sibos, watch all videos (interviews, wrap-up, and individual company pitches) on our YouTube channel, and get a nice social perspective of the event with our Storify. A selection of the best pictures is also available on our photo library.
To have more information around the 2015 Startup Challenge programme and the 60 companies participating this year, click here.
Here below, a quick overview of all companies who presented during the showcase:
Early-stage startups: less than 3 years old, and who have less than $1Million in Combined Revenue and Investment in the previous 12 months
|creditable enables caring employers to easily manage financial wellness for their employees by enabling them to administer payroll deduction services and products such as loans and savings products.|
|Ex Nihilo Labs is a mobile financial technology firm focused on making financial transactions as easy and cheap as possible. We are pioneering a movement that seeks to give everyone equal access to the mainstream economy from the palm of their hands.|
|Our business builds systems that allow our customers to transact with their clients using mobile devices – creating a payment and commerce ecosystem that can be used by all types of businesses. Visit their website|
|LulaLend is an online provider of short-term business loans solving one of the biggest issues facing Small & Medium Enterprises. Applying for a loan is quick – simple – and can all be done online within 24 hours.|
|Notafy was created to reduce the cost of business to consumer (and application to person) mobile messaging by replacing traditional SMS communication with instant messaging technology – think WhatsApp for business. Visit their website|
|YueDiligence is an actionable light-touch due diligence tool for entrepreneurs – investors – and service providers to assess gaps in key business disciplines to advance partnerships and fundraising preparation. Visit their website
Growth-stage startups: more than 3 years old, or more than $1Million in Combined Revenue and Investment in the previous 12 months
|2Quins is a specialist financial services sector solution provider and its niche is to reengineer and transform financial process and systems for productivity and quality that leads to thriving and effective finance and business information teams. Visit their website|
|Bristlecone Holdings is committed to changing the world of financial services for the better. Consumers of credit products deserve greater functionality and more personalized service – particularly those in niche markets who are under-banked or ignored by traditional lending providers. Visit their website|
|ScanMan software is flexible – innovative and customisable software for managing fixed and moveable assets. It allows for easy importing and exporting of data to and from legacy systems. Visit their website|
|ZAQ Finance frees low-income people from the exploitative debt-trap and poor value for money financial products (and others). Visit their website|
- #AI can become a force for good - but what are the #ethical concerns we need to be aware of? #Sibos 2018 https://t.co/2sHb6O5tjG about 10 hours ago from Hootsuite Inc.
- Listen in to Genevieve Bell (@feraldata) during the #Sibos 2018 closing plenary, exploring how #AI will challenge o… https://t.co/PQTRAMP0rk about 15 hours ago from Hootsuite Inc.
- What should we be on the lookout for in 2019? Find out from the #FinTech pros surveyed by @business:… https://t.co/73qQnHPSid 06:25:08 PM December 11, 2018 from Hootsuite Inc.
- Relive the best of the action! Watch the Innotribe@Sibos wrap-up video here: https://t.co/WgEqQyUz2c 05:20:12 PM December 11, 2018 from Hootsuite Inc.
- Sibos 2018 highlights: #Compliance - explore how #banks, #regulators and #FinTechs are joining forces to combat… https://t.co/LgIwN0nTPc 05:15:15 PM December 10, 2018 from Hootsuite Inc.
- What's driving the Chinese #FinTech market? The fundamental difference in their business models. Find out more from… https://t.co/M9lAal5vvG 12:30:30 PM December 10, 2018 from Hootsuite Inc.
- Find out how industry-wide coordination can reduce #CyberSecurity risks within #financialservices in our #Sibos Iss… https://t.co/rObZg7cbIG 03:25:11 PM December 07, 2018 from Hootsuite
- What were the top themes at #Sibos 2018? The conversation in Sydney revolved around trust, #technology and… https://t.co/F2yOPEkFUb 12:40:12 PM December 07, 2018 from Hootsuite
- Sibos 2018 highlights: #CyberSecurity - increasing cross-industry cooperation is the only way to effectively combat… https://t.co/Roi4KU9A8T 04:45:15 PM December 06, 2018 from Hootsuite
- Find out why the Chinese ecosystem champions the #FinTech market from @profbbuchanan, @AlbersatSU, speaking at… https://t.co/RyXBOAqIMU 12:30:27 PM December 06, 2018 from Hootsuite