2015 Singapore Showcase
Date: 28 May
Partner: Next Bank Asia
Location: Red Dot Design Museum, 28 Maxwell Rd, Singapore 069120
Read the Press Release announcing the winners who will head on to the Finale at Sibos, watch all videos (interviews, wrap-up, and individual company pitches) on our YouTube channel, and get a nice social perspective of the event with our Storify. A selection of the best pictures is also available on our photo library.
To have more information around the 2015 Startup Challenge programme and the 60 companies participating this year, click here.
Here below, a quick overview of all companies who presented during the showcase:
Early-stage startups: less than 3 years old, and who have less than $1Million in Combined Revenue and Investment in the previous 12 months
|ABA Technology is Australia’s largest owner and operator of Bitcoin ATMs. Developer of Australia’s first on-blockchain bitcoin mobile wallet to be released under the ei8ht brand with in-app bitcoin buying functionality. Visit their website|
|Bitspark is a leading Crypto-Financial services provider for the APAC region. Bitspark has pioneered the world’s first blockchain powered end to end Remittance service in addition to a Blockchain auditable feature rich trading exchange. Visit their website|
|Cashboard is the one-stop-shop for retail investing. We differenciate ourselves with three major USPs: 1) Not only ETFs but the whole world of traditional (Funds – ETF – stocks – etc) and online investments (p2p lending – bitcoins -crowdinvesting – etc.) 2) Personal domestic bank account 3) Clients only pay a fair profit share. Visit their website|
|CoinSimple is “PayPal for Bitcoin”. With CoinSimple online merchants can easily accept Bitcoin directly to their Bitcoin wallets and Bitcoin exchange accounts. CoinSimple never never touches any customer or merchant funds – it just brings customers and merchants together. Visit their website|
|We use the digital currencies to build products and services that will revolutionize the way people transfer and trade money. We have created an advanced trading platform to fulfil the needs from investors who want to speculate on the volatility of prices and from businesses that need to hedge themselves against this volatility. Visit their website|
|We are the world’s leading provider of protection and optimization software for Android and for Java. We protect apps against reverse-engineering and malware. We also make apps more efficient and more compact. We develop and support ProGuard – the successful open source obfuscator for Java and Android. Visit their website|
|Jewel Paymentech is a Singapore-based FinTech founded in 2014 to develop innovative security technologies for the banking and e-payments industry. We recently soft launched our first product “One Sentry™” – an intelligent Merchant Risk Monitor targeted at banks and payment facilitators – to positive reception from industry heavyweights. Visit their website|
|P2P industry enables borrowers to get Credit at lower cost while allows lenders to receive a better return on the their money compared to banking and other alternatives. Monexo has been formed to bring this disruptive industry to Hong Kong and Asia with it’s own innovative products. Visit their website|
|Providing investors with the ability to save time and perform more effective financial due diligence on prospective companies for their investment portfolio. Visit their website|
|We reinvent consumer credit scoring by applying Big Data and Deep Learning technologies to vast amount of social – mobile and web data. Our solution helps financial institutions in emerging markets lend to 2.5 billions potential customers who are not covered by credit bureaus. Visit their website|
Growth-stage startups: more than 3 years old, or more than $1Million in Combined Revenue and Investment in the previous 12 months
|AdviceGames is a purposeful company with a mission to bring financial happiness to the world. In a world where people do not particularly like to do their personal finance – AdviceGames develops data-driven games and apps to help people change financial behaviour for the good. Visit their website|
|Codapay is an alternative payment gateway in Southeast Asia. We enable merchants to accept payments in Indonesia – Malaysia – Philippines – Thailand and Singapore using payment channels that every consumer can use even if they don’t have a credit or debit card. Visit their website|
|Go Beyond Investing has transformed angel investing into an asset class and is poised for rapid growth riding the FinTech wave. It provides end-to-end solutions to novice and experienced – small and large investors to build – manage and exit portfolios in cutting-edge startups in Europe and in the US through its unique platform – tools – training and expert angels. Visit their website|
|goSwiff is a leading innovator in mobile commerce solutions and marketing services – creating value to clients both on-line and at the point of sale. We help banks and MNOs to acquire new merchant clients and to engage better with the existing ones and support merchants to increase both quality and quantity of transactions . Visit their website|
|We provide online wealth management products for Asia’s mass affluent market. Mass affluents – those with investable assets between US$100k and US$1mn – in Asia are the fastest growing wealth segment globally. Their investment needs – however – remain hugely underserved by mainstream wealth management providers who tend to focus on higher wealth segments. We are changing this by building an online wealth management service at affordable prices and without minimum amounts. Visit their website|
- Should we view #quantumcomputing as a multiplier with the power to accelerate #innovation? Or another source of di… https://t.co/AljW3Ob8j8 06:05:16 PM February 13, 2019 from Hootsuite Inc.
- On Day 1 of #Sibos 2018 we took a deep dive into how decentralisation has become the new form of trust for financia… https://t.co/mtxEZfu6yP 02:14:02 PM January 25, 2019 from Hootsuite Inc.
- #DigitalIndia: What are the implications of digitalisation for the Indian #banking sector? https://t.co/3rB3w4nGSq… https://t.co/O5k2LICVp5 06:05:24 PM January 11, 2019 from Hootsuite Inc.
- Greater collaboration with law enforcement agencies will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of #banks’ financ… https://t.co/lvoqotNxkB 11:40:10 AM January 11, 2019 from Hootsuite Inc.
- Big plans for #InnotribeAlum, @MunichNetwork, who is helping six German Mittelstand companies match with innovative… https://t.co/OWQjLBvzID 05:40:13 PM January 10, 2019 from Hootsuite Inc.
- Transparency: #Sibos speakers examine the methods for achieving greater levels of transparency in the #payments lan… https://t.co/SCVa5mB0EY 05:00:56 PM January 09, 2019 from Hootsuite Inc.
- #AI stakes claim for supporting role within financial crime #compliance https://t.co/NQb55rtn7U https://t.co/OKNeN4e3PW 11:35:05 AM January 09, 2019 from Hootsuite Inc.
- How can #banks transition from a product-centric approach to an experience-centric approach? 🤔… https://t.co/GQgM94ie1l 05:01:04 PM January 08, 2019 from Hootsuite Inc.
- Essential viewing: #Sibos 2018 highlights video on the #payments landscape including important analysis for 2019 💸💸… https://t.co/ZPZAV8XJcL 01:50:08 PM January 08, 2019 from Hootsuite Inc.
- What were the biggest #CyberSecurity themes to emerge from #Sibos Sydney? 🔒🔒🔒 Take note of these trends for 2019: https://t.co/yOIOwYLiWv 04:40:08 PM January 07, 2019 from Hootsuite Inc.