latest update: September 2016
1 Cookies – What and why?
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive or in your browser memory. When using www.innotribe.com, it enables SWIFT to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time. You do not have to keep re-entering these whenever you return to the site or browse from one page to another. For www.innotribe.com, SWIFT mainly uses the following cookies:
- ‘Strictly necessary’ cookies: these are essential for you in order to be able to use www.innotribe.com;
- Functionality cookies: these are used to provide you with the requested services and to remember your settings to improve your use of www.innotribe.com;
- Authentication cookies: these are essential to allow you to authenticate yourself when using www.innotribe.com and gain access to authorized content (for example to access a restricted area of www.innotribe.com;
- Performance cookies: these collect information about how you use www.innotribe.com in order to allow SWIFT to improve our tools and to understand what interests you. SWIFT is however not able to identify you when using this type of cookies. All information collected by means of these cookies is processed and stored in an anonymous way;
- Third party analytics cookies: these are set by a third party that does not operate www.innotribe.com in order to collect statistics on the use of the website (e.g. to estimate the number of unique visitors, to detect the most preeminent search engine key words that lead to a certain webpage or to track down website navigation uses).
In addition, a distinction needs to be made between session cookies and persistent or permanent cookies:
- A session cookie is a cookie that will be automatically deleted from your computer’s hard drive or in your browser memory when you log out or you close your browser;
- A permanent cookie is a cookie that remains stored on your computer’s hard drive or in your browser memory for a limited period of time (minutes, days or years) after you have logged out or closed your browser.
2 List of cookies when using www.innotribe.com
When you visit www.innotribe.com :
|PHPSESSID||This is a general purpose identifier used to maintain user session variables. It is a random generated number, used for maintaining a logged-in status for a user between pages. No personal information is stored in this cookie.||Functionality cookie||Session|
|__utmc||Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.||Third party cookie (google.com)||Session|
|__utmt||Used to throttle request rate.||Third party cookie (google.com)||10 minutes|
|_ga||Used to distinguish users.||Third party cookie (Google Analytics)||2 years|
|_gat||Used to throttle request rate.||Third party cookie (Google Analytics)||10 minutes|
|guest_id||Used to distinguish and identify Twitter Users||Third party cookie (twitter.com)||2 years|
3 Deleting or blocking cookies
For more information on deleting or blocking cookies, please check http://www.allaboutcookies.org. Under the section “Manage your cookies”, you will find a clear explanation on how to delete or block cookies for each browser (Netscape, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari and Opera).
You can thus delete or block all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
www.innotribe.com contains links to other websites not owned or operated by SWIFT. SWIFT is not responsible for the cookie practices of these websites.
- The future of #FinTech in #Russia is bright. The winners of our inaugural #ISCRussia showcase discuss how the globa… https://t.co/WGLkCmVk4n 04:20:16 PM November 17, 2017 from Hootsuite
- How can we implement the least amount of #technology to get the job done? Listen to @caseorganic making the case fo… https://t.co/d2ef6VwLvt 03:05:29 PM November 17, 2017 from Hootsuite
- 'What can #FinServ learn from other industries?' @ToniTWhitley explores how other industries are utilising #data, e… https://t.co/jGdcPAAybU 07:35:04 AM November 17, 2017 from Hootsuite
- #APAC #FinTech hubs have been a hot topic for years. Looking to 2018, which are the cities to watch? What are the a… https://t.co/YFttPFu1gF 04:31:01 PM November 16, 2017 from Hootsuite
- RT @FINTECHCircle: Congrats to ALL amazing female #fintech leaders who were selected for #WomeninFintech Power List 2017 #WIF17. Proud that… 04:26:59 PM November 16, 2017 from Hootsuite
- RT @TonyBankingTech: .@Microsoft doubles down on #opensource and analytics for developers: https://t.co/4b7Hc9xLbk #data #IoT #fintech #ban… 04:26:51 PM November 16, 2017 from Hootsuite
- How does #Facebook know you better than yourself? @TheCreaturesLab explores identity and #data in our #Sibos magazi… https://t.co/wfm4ksBs47 06:45:37 PM November 15, 2017 from Hootsuite
- RT @Finextra: Company announcement: Lithuania and Singapore forge fintech pact https://t.co/okVLFdyCHP #fintech 06:41:47 PM November 15, 2017 from Hootsuite
- RT @BankingTechno: When are we going to look at the human cost of AI? https://t.co/xw3EAhxIAA #ArtificialIntelligence #fintech 06:41:36 PM November 15, 2017 from Hootsuite
- "We look at the three Cs - customer, culture and connection" https://t.co/Xq3vT74m7M 10:59:13 AM November 15, 2017 from Hootsuite